Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Now we know...

Charlie is definitely still allergic to milk protein. He had a serving of the Yo Baby yogurt on Friday and Saturday. He started getting irritable Friday evening but I wasn't sure if it was the dairy or the vaccinations he got that day at his well check up. Saturday morning I gave it to him again and then he really started with the excessive spit up and crying. Poor guy, it breaks my heart. I talked with his pediatrician yesterday and he said, we won't try to introduce him to it again until maybe 15 months. He was surprised at how quickly he reacted to it. So now we wait 7 to 14 days for the protein to leave his system and get back to normal.

3 comments:

The Daniels said...

Poor guy - Just keep looking at the positive side you will stay skinny skinny!!!!

I love my girls!! said...

Hi Charleston,
I jumped over from Jennifer's page...My niece had the same allergy (in addition to the worst case of acid reflux her doctor had ever seen) ~ she still drinks rice milk only beacause she likes it better than cows milk, but all is normal now! Hopefully he will overcome all his allergies. Good Luck!
Amanda
You have a very cute family (My daughter's name is Charlie:)

I love my girls!! said...

Funny...you are from Camden and Camden is from Charleston!!!
:)