Friday, April 25, 2008

9 Month Check Up

I took Charlie this morning for his 9 month well check up. He is now 17 lbs and 9 oz and 27 inches long. Tiny, I know, even though he eats more than his big sister! He is in the 20th percentile, but he is following the same pattern Lily did. They are big babies when they are born, then slow down quite a bit until they are one. He is ahead of all the milestones, except that we have zero teeth! I had the opportunity to speak to the doctor in depth regarding his milk protein allergy. Since we found out about the allergy when he was 8 weeks old, he has had no diary or dairy by-products nor have I. ( no cheating, I promise)
We decided to go ahead and try exposing him to it by giving him Yo Baby yogurt and see how he reacts to it. Most babies out grow the allergy before they turn one so hopefully Charlie has. If he does fine with the yogurt then in 4 weeks I can give him cheese. I on the other hand, can not go off the diet yet or change anything that I am doing. The doctor wants everything else for Charlie to remain the same and that includes mommy milk. Charlie can go off of his reflux medication in 4 weeks too. So we are keeping our fingers crossed that our little guy tolerates everything well and is on his way to a giant bowl of ice cream.....and mommy too!

0 comments: