Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sick, sick, sick!

Since Saturday the Laffin home has been quarantined. Charlie and Lily came down with croup and were in after hours emergency care on Sunday. Charlie was given a shot of steroids to help his breathing. The next day I was back at the doctor with Charlie because his breathing was still laboured. We got a prescription for oral steroids and sent on our way. As the days and nights dragged on so did the fevers and misery. They both seemed to never really turn the corner and get better. So today I took Lily and Charlie back to the doctor. They have upper respiratory infections and Charlie has a double ear infection. Now we are on antibiotics. As of 15 minutes ago they were both running fevers of 101.

I can tell you that I have been almost as miserable as they have because watching little people suffer is torture on a Mommy's heart. Travis and I have double teamed it 100%. He really is a tremendous help and I appreciate that he is such a "hands on" daddy. So I'm hoping that after a few more days we will be well and back to normal!

1 comments:

The Daniels said...

I hate ear infections - we have been fighting them all year with Hank - Hope they get to feeling better soon.