Friday, August 15, 2008

I knew it was coming...

It was just a matter of time before it happened and last night it did. Lily, being of the best intentions, shared her buttermilk biscuit with extra butter with Charlie. I think I intercepted after only a few bites and managed to get what he had in his mouth out, but I'm not sure how much he actually got down. He ended up having a reaction with wheezing and coughing and a noise like he was trying to clear his throat. I was scared to death. After a large dose of benedryl he seemed to come around. Travis and I have told Lily a million times that she can never feed Charlie any food because a lot of foods could make him very sick. I asked her last night why she shared her biscuit and she said, mommy I didn't see any milk in it. I'm sure I'll look back in a few weeks and find the comedy in that but not quite yet. Fingers crossed that was the first and last time that ever happens!

1 comments:

The Daniels said...

Thank goodness you caught it before he had anymore. You do have to admit that was cute what she said. I always amazes me how they think.